Erect deciduous perennial which produces spikes of pink flowers mid-summer to early-autumn.
- Grows in any moist soil in full sun or partial shade.
- Grows 120 cm high by 45cm.
- Native to American meadows, it can grow up to 5 feet high once established, with ‘candelabra’ forms of spiked flower spears.
- Rated as ‘Perfect for Pollinators’ – eg bees, butterflies, hoverflies…
- May take a year or so to fill out, but when they have these are easy to grow and don’t require dividing often.
- Plants tend to grow in clump formation and are easy to divide.
- Best planted in a deep, rich soil that does not dry out.
Veronicastrum Virginicum ‘Pink Glow’ is a clump-forming, long-lived perennial producing spikes of very pale pink flowers in summer and early autumn.