Aromatic easy-to grow herb with edible roots and seeds.
Coriander bolt quickly, so sow in succession for a continuous cropping. Grow under cover in winter.
- Choose light soil topped up with manure or compost.
- Position in light shade (not full sun).
- Seeds can be grown in spring, once frosts have passed and the soil has started to warm.
- Coriander hates being transplanted, so seed where it will grow.
- Sow the large seeds thinly directly into the garden.
Coriander can self-seed, if it is in a spot it likes. Place in a semi-shaded spot close to the annual salad bed. (The same is also true of dill and borage).