This recipe came from the New York Times. Last year I experimented with making rhubarb syrup to mix into cocktails and drinks. So why not try the same with Lovage?
1 cup sugar
½ cup lovage leaves
1 bottle (750 milliliters) prosecco or other sparkling wine, chilled
8 lime wedges, optional
- Combine sugar and a cup of water in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Stir until sugar dissolves, then turn off heat. Add lovage leaves and let syrup infuse for 3 hours.
- Strain, discarding lovage.
To make your cocktail….
- Measure 2 teaspoons syrup (or more to taste) into each of 8 Champagne flutes or other glasses.
- Top with prosecco and garnish with lime wedges.
- Leftover syrup is nice tossed with plums.