For those times when you’ve got a glut of zucchini… this is a delicious sweet bread to make. Super as a sweet nutritious snack!
- 1 cup zucchini grated
- ¼ cup carrots peeled and grated
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts chopped (or chocolate chips – or a half-half mix of nuts & chocolate!)
- ¼ cup brown sugar optional
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grate the zucchini and carrots.
- Stir together the zucchini, carrots, cooled (melted) butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine the dry ingredients in with the zucchini mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Then, stir in the walnuts and chocolate, if using.
- Pour the batter into a buttered baking dish. Sprinkle brown sugar over the top (optional).
- Bake at 325°F for 60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before removing from the pan.