progress report

We were up and at the plot before 9 in the morning.  Two more wheelbarrows of mulch for the top level.  The pile of wood chip was still steaming and hot – it’s scary.  It might actually be a fire hazard all heaped up like that.

More shed progress – despite technical difficulties: broken and bent drill bits, and over-leaning tree branches, another wall support was put in – albeit needing future strengthening.  The over-leaning branches in the end did have to be cut out, so we did it, and then did all the subsequent cutting, trimming, tidying-up.  Done!

The growing beds were watered and bird baths topped up.  More micro-weeding of the growing plots.  And to top it all off, we brought some black rubbish bags with us and on our way out we cleaned up that huge garbage area under the railway bridge, taking the bags with us and disposing them at a Camden Council community rubbish area.  Someone had to do it!  But hey-ho – it’s nice to do a bit of community pay-back after enjoying all the free communal wood-chips.

Today we could only stay up there for a couple of hours as we had to make it back home to tidy ourselves up and head out to the British Museum with the woods group – another outing to a great preview show.  Busy day – but massively productive.  Magic!

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s